West Prep at a glance...
- We are a Magnet School with special theme focused around Youth Voice Through Youth Media. Being a magnet school ensures that our theme is spiraled into all aspects of school culture.
- West Prep offers a unique curriculum unlike any other school. Our middle school uses 21st century planning to make classes that are designed in house and tailored to your child's needs.
- Our strength is in our diversity. West Prep is a place where students of all backgrounds are given the keys to success. Diversity is celebrated and reflected throughout our staff and community.
- Personalized learning. We create a program that caters to students individual needs. At WPA you can count on a balanced approach to teaching, and all learning styles.
- Progressive. West Prep has been recognized by the NYC Dept. of Ed for our cutting edge and innovative approach to teaching and learning.
- “The Bridge to Gateway Experience”. West Prep is the only middle school in the district that offers two different programs that help students with the transition into middle school and high school.
- Convenient Location. West Prep is located conveniently in the Upper West Side close to several cultural institutions and public transportation. We are located on 105th Street Between Amsterdam and Columbus, near the subway lines (1, 3, B, & C) and busses (M7, M11, M116, M104).
- We have something for everybody. West Prep boasts a wide range of clubs, sports, music, art, and extra curricular activities. From drumline to sign language, students here are always exploring a new talent!